Monday, February 6, 2017

"BE MINE" by Jan Dalton



"February is the month of Hearts and ‘Be Mine', as in Valentine.  I’ve been reflecting on my newer art and how it would relate to 'Be Mine'.  Even though I paint flowers and landscapes, my heart always returns to my love of animals, and this year I have created 3 new pieces for the month of February:

The turtle says to the sea: 'Be Mine’. Years ago I had the pleasure of diving with sea turtles. In my memories they always seem to be smiling, gracefully moving through the water as if to say: 'The sea is mine… it belongs to me.'


 If you venture out to the local plantations you will find the animals, and among the animals you will find a 'Sassy' rooster saying to the hens: 'Be Mine...you belong to me.'  He struts as he walks, scratching at the dirt, proud and puffed up.  And if you arrive early enough, I’m sure you would hear him wake up the farm with his morning hello.


 'The Water’s Edge' is an image of the forest, where the baby elephant greets the heron in the tall grass at the water’s edge. Though he may roam through the forest and play among the trees, he will always return to the water’s edge because the water says: 'Be Mine…you belong to me'.


 Please enjoy my new pieces on display throughout the month of February and be sure to stop by Art Central in Summerville and visit with me on Feb. 16, 2017 (3rd Thursday) from 5:00 to 8:00 pm".
       - Artist Jan Dalton

Visit artcgalleryltd.com for more information

No comments: